Depression is the most common illness worldwide. Kenya was ranked at position four in Africa with 1.9 million people who have the condition (WHO Report, 2014).According to the Kenya Mental Health Policy (2015-2030), mental disorder cases in Kenya continue to rise rapidly. Estimates point that 20-25 percent of outpatients seeking primary healthcare present symptoms of mental illness at any one time, while government statistics indicate that at least 1 in every 4 Kenyans suffer from a mental illness at one point in their lives.
MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS TRAINING
This Training raises awareness of mental health issues such as stress, depression and anxiety, provides tools and guidance for daily well being-management, and aims to remove the stigma surrounding mental health.
- Learn how to take positive steps to remove stigma surrounding mental ill-health
- Understand different mental issues, how to recognise changes in behaviour and what to keep an eye on
- A clear understanding of the impact that mental ill health has on performance
- To provide the knowledge required to more effectively support someone with a suspected or diagnosed mental health condition
- To raise understanding of coping methods when a team member is displaying some of the challenging behaviours associated with the most common mental health conditions
- Learn how happier staff make better, more productive staff and what you can to support others
Instructor-led Training (ILT)
Instructor-led training, or classroom training, is the most traditional form of training, best leveraged for creating an overall understanding of the training topic.
Blended Learning Training
Blended learning is an approach to learning that combines face-to-face and online learning experiences. It is a mix of old and new as much as it is a mix of physical and digital learning.
- Training is delivered in a relaxed and flexible manner with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion.
- Practical exercises will be used to illustrate the challenges those with a mental health condition regularly face in the workplace.
- Duration: 1-day course
- Capacity: 12 recommended for optimum results